Vacancy for Parish Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer
Honingham Parish Council is a small parish within Broadland on the border with South Norfolk. The Council has 7 Councillors. The Council are seeking to appoint a person with administrative experience to take on the role of Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer. The position is available from 1st July 2022. A full hand over with the current clerk is available along with ongoing training as required.
The position is flexible and home-based for 6 hours per week, with attendance at monthly meetings. A laptop and printer are provided. Salary and conditions will be based on the NJC model. Salary will be within the scale SCP 13 – 17 (£11.97 - £12.95 per hour) depending on qualifications and experience.
Administrative and financial experience would be an advantage. CiLCA qualified clerks are welcomed. You must have excellent organisational and communication skills alongside a working knowledge of using Microsoft office. The role requires the applicant to be self-motivated, to manage their workload appropriately in line with Council deadlines and to work independently.
Main duties include:
· Arranging, publicising and attending 10 Council meetings per year. Meetings are on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7pm, Honingham Village Hall (every month except January and August)
· Preparing agendas, meeting documentation and writing minutes
· Acting as the Responsible Financial Officer including managing the Councils finances. This includes preparing the annual budget, payment of invoices, monitoring the use of CIL, reclaiming VAT, arranging insurance, completing end of year accounts and the annual audit process.
· Managing HMRC PAYE (Basic Tools) for the payment of salaries
· Maintaining Council files and records
· Monitoring and advising on local planning applications and arranging Councillors attendance at local planning liaison group meetings
· To attend to correspondence on a day-to-day basis, including liaising with District and County Councils, local organisations and the public as required
· To implement the Council’s decisions
· Managing and updating the Council website, notice boards and Facebook page
· Managing Council assets and arranging maintenance where appropriate
· Ensuring current legislation and procedures are adhered to by informing and advising the Council and updating Council policies, processes and risk assessments
· To act as the Data Protection Officer for the Council
· To attend training as required.
For further information on the Council please see the website or contact the Clerk, Jordana Wheeler via email, email@example.com
To apply please submit a CV and covering letter via email or post by the closing date, Wednesday 25th May 2022. Interviews are expected to take place in late May.
Address: 14 Gatekeeper Close, Wymondham, NR18 0XY